Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Very Happy Birthday. . .

Hullo Phantoms,

I've never given much importance to my birthday, to me it is just another day. Or on the negative side it is a celebration of growing older. To top it all my Birthday falls on The Day dedicated to fools and 'fooling around' and one of my school friends had told me long ago that my birth was the biggest practical joke that God ever played on the World. Ha ha! Perhaps thats true !


But this year's birthday changed all my negative notions about Birthdays. I now think it is a celebration of how much love other people have for us however undeserving we may be. One day every year that is given for us to be the Hero. A day for all those who love us to show us how much they do!!

Now why am I ranting so much about Birthdays. Read on about my Birthday celebration this year you'll know....

The Night of March 31st was such a suspense filled night for me. I knew that my friends would definitely do something but the problem was the day in which I was born (April Fools Day) so I suspected a Conspiracy Theory to fool me. And prior to this one of my friends had revealed that they were going to cut a cake in the class room the next day. So, I was naturally doubtful. At around elven, I crept downstairs and went from one friend's room to another. Most of them had gone to play carom and the few left behind were asleep.

I told myself that I didn't care and went and lay down and listened to a wide variety of songs on my MP3 player and fell asleep.Awoken twice by two of my sisters who couldn't stay awake till 12 to wish me in advance.

Promptly at Twelve my room was knocked or banged or i don't know as I went automatically by reflex and opened the door. I could take in a gang of guys standing at my door, wishing me and the prominent faces i saw were Sarvesh, Adharsh, Ram, Karthik, Sanjoo, Sendhil, Sids,Yogesh and a gang behind them whom I couldn't take in due to my sleepiness. I think a few hit me by way of Birthday Bums but I didn't feel anything as I was half-asleep still.

Then as usual we went down to the previous Gymn room and there I cut my Mississippi Chocolate cake (am not very sure of the name). And then all of a sudden it was raining tomatoes (thank god they were not rotten) and after all that tomato hitting and things. I had to go for a bath. Yes people I took bath at 12:30 in cold, cold water. I changed into cleaner clothes and came back down and was given my gift.

A very nice T-shirt, and CDs of "The Hurt Locker" (I could fathom that they would ve opted for this after all my ranting about the film at the time of the Oscars) and "This Is It" (I was really touched as I had only mentioned in passing a long time ago that I wanted to watch it). Then after talking briefly for sometime I retired to bed.

Then Morning meant another Bath and lots and lots of wishes from all over the country. I went to the Vinayagar temple in the college and then went to class loaded with a lot of Five Stars. I waited patiently for the first period to get over and I distributed them among all my class mates. Then next period was Ponnuswamy sir's, as he was my project guide I went to give him sweets after he finished class. The very sweet person that he is, he made the entire class sing for me and he too sang in the mike. I was touched and also embarrased but all the same ,"Thank You so much Sir".

During class Adharsh gave me a cute key chain with an S on it. Then, during the break time the KTs gave me their cards and gifts. I was opening them when one of my dear sisters Sharnita took so much trouble to get a cake on time into the class and we cut it and had so much fun with throwing cake at each other's face and dress.Thank You so much Sharni, I don;t know how much of the same I would be able to reciprocate on your birthday. Around that time my cousin, Dr. Balamurugan had called up and put the idea of taking my friends out for lunch. I left it at that and cleaned myself up and gave attendance at Paediatrics Department, spoke to Michael and went had my third bath for the day.

Sasi and Rats had given me another beautiful Blue T-shirt, a card and a key chain with my name on it! My chechi had given a really cute and colorful Ganesha, the rest of the KTs together had given a beautiful Photo-stand and a huge card. Sharni gave me a Nice clock! Thanks a lot guys, once again!


Then I bunked class and began inviting friends to take out for Lunch. In all, I had 22 people coming in no time and I was pretty excited about it. I quickly booked a table for twenty five in The Rain Forest. Then I alone quickly changed to the Birthday dress that I had got as a gift from the guys and waited for the taxis to come and after all the waiting they finally came and we left for Rain Forest, by far the most beautiful hotel I had ever been to. We had an awesome time there and I settled the bill with my card and came off. The list of guys who had come are: Kaarthik, Teddy, Joo, Sarvesh, Sids, Jerin, Nave, Sri, Sharni, Swathi, Cheenu, Sneha, Ratna, Madhu, Sasi, Himangshu, Veena, Anu, Rowe,Aishu, Keerthi and Keerthana. Taking all of them out was like my happiness multiplied by twenty two!(I mixed the order up so as to avoid politics ... lol!!)

Then, I went to meet my uncle who had come for a consultation to our hospital and during this time the cake my mother had ordered for me arrived and I asked Teddy to take and start eating as it may melt but to save a small piece for me. The taste of the cake made them forget the last clause and there was nothing left. I was very glad they enjoyed it!!!

Then evening came, most of my friends left for home. I decided to stay back. And spent an hour texting some friends and opening gifts and cards. Shaikh and Yogesh had given me very innovative presents i.e., a comb and a scissor for obvious reasons.

I had a very light dinner and then I spoke for hours with Sharni and my sister and then Shaikh was telling me all that went on in our nearly empty class room that evening.

Then I spoke for some time with Kaarthik before going to Raghul sir's room for giving him a chocolate. I spoke to him too for some time and then finally came back and closed my door to a wonderful day that had been....


Every ear although many used to wish me, I always used to think of the few particular persons whom I would ve wanted to wish me and feel bad. This time I realized when I have the wishes of all these people who love me dearly why should I even care about those who give a damn about me!!!...


Guys, Friends, however cranky this may sound, "I LOVE YOU All".....You've given me a day to remember all my Life...


And am indebted to all of you....


Thats the story of the day I turned Nineteen Years old. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do u say????